Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Rest of August...

wall decoartions

free ice cream!
On August 11th, my friend Darnell from Dayton came through town on his way to Alabama and we got lunch at McDougal's Chicken -they give you free ice cream! - even though it's only 2 oz.  And their chicken is delicious.  The pic on the left is some of the crazy decorations on the wall, the Boar with the life jacket looks like Alf to me


On August 12th, I went down the the Gulch to Casablanca Coffee to hear some good music from Jenn Bostic, Caitlin Nicol-Thomas, Tim Williams & Matt Spitko (these 2 guys were from Philly)! Take a listen to some great music from that night

Caitlin-Nicol Thomas
Jenn Bostic & Catlin-Nicole Thomas
Tim Williams
Tim Williams & Matt Spitko
Matt Spitko
Matt Spitko & Tim Williams


food at Genghis Grill
On Sunday August 14th, I went to see the Glee 3D movie with Laurie in Cold Springs.  I had a free birthday lunch at Genghis Grill so I stopped by before the movie to use that.  If you've ever been to Mongolian BBQ or Stir Crazy, that's what this place is like.  On my way to the movie my friend Tara called me and she was driving through Nashville on her way to Alabama so she stopped by for some yogurt at Sweet CeCe's.  Not a bad way to spend a Sunday



my food at Noshville Deli
On August 24th, I went to Noshville Deli for lunch.  I kept driving by and it seemed like a cool place, I was right and it was delicious!  Also my waiter was from Akron, Ohio...small world! I was wearing my Cleveland Indians hat so he asked me if I was from Ohio.  I also checked out Whole Foods for the first time ever.  It's pretty awesome with the exception of being expensive.


On August 26th I went to dinner with some people from work at San Antonio Taco Company.  This place was really good.  And I had an awesome time hanging out with the crew that works on More at Midday/Better.  Can't wait till we plan our next outing.

To wrap up the month, on August 29th I went to Dan McGuinness Pub to listen to Jenn Bostic and others on a singer/songwriter night take a listen:


No comments:

Post a Comment