Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Few Days to Recoup from the Birthday

Wednesday July 13th was a long work day but relaxing otherwise.  I had to direct 2 newscasts as well as Better Nashville and run prompter for Midday.  Then we had a meeting at 12:30 but that was about 1.5 hours after my shift normally ended so I headed over to Buffalo Wild Wings at Nashville West to grab some lunch and watch part of the U.S./France women's world cup game.  As it turns out from 11-2 Mon-Fri Bdubs does 9.99 all you can eat wings (10.99 for boneless) and it comes with fries! Of course after eating 10 boneless wings I thought man this was not a good idea, I can't eat any more wings but I have to in order to get my money's worth! I got 5 more and then ended up taking them home...I also had yet another free birthday coupon for a free piece of chocolate cake at Bdubs.  I got that to go, however I did not realize it is served with ice cream so by the time I got home from my meeting the ice cream was soup!  After my meeting I went home, watched the rest of the soccer game and took a nap!

Thursday was another relaxing sort of day.  When I got home from work I watched the MLB All-Star game from Tuesday that was on my DVR, and then took a nap.  When I woke up I decided to re-watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow's Part 1 in preparation to see part 2 the next day.  I also discovered that Kristin Chenoweth is planning on performing at the Opry on September 17th so I immediatley jumped on buying tickets to that, I got floor seats, center about 8 rows back! (It took them about 2 weeks before they actually listed her on the calendar but I'm glad I got on that before they listed her b/c now I know I have a good seat).

Mac&Cheese: Noodles&Co.
Friday after work I went to see Harry Potter in 3D.  The plan was to use my free noodle bowl (another free birthday coupon) before the movie but the line was crazy long so I had to settle for eating popcorn at the theater for lunch instead.  Harry Potter was AM.AZ.ING! I cried it was so good!  The best movie by far! Of course they changed a lot from the books but I haven't read the books in a while so I hardly noticed.  The 3D was very cool because this is the first movie to be shot entirely in 3D so it was less about things flying out of the screen at you and more about perspective, like you were standing in the scene - so cool!  After the movie I went to Noodle's and Co. and got myself a free bowl of Mac & Cheese and man was it good!  I can't believe how much stuff I have gotten for free for my birthday! In the future July is going to be a very good month for free food :)


Food: Buffalo Wild Wings, Noodles and Co.
Bars/Music: None

No comments:

Post a Comment